Food debris needs to be cleaned from dentures on a daily basis however over time just like natural teeth it is important to have your dentures professionally cleaned so they do not become a breeding ground for bacteria which can cause mouth odor and in some cases disease.
Understanding how to clean dentures is very important and our clinic has the solutions. A clean fresh mouth gives you the confidence to be close to others.
Handy hints for keeping dentures clean include:
- Removing and rinsing dentures after eating;
- Clean your mouth after removing the denture;
- Brush your denture with a soft-bristled brush at least once daily;
- Soak dentures overnight using a mild denture soaking solution;
- Do not use hot water, products containing bleach, whitening toothpastes or abrasive cleaning materials